Thursday, 19 January 2012

Talk.Talk.Talk.




The sun here in Malaysia is acting up, probably confronting it's pms moments. It's been really hot lately. Plus the humidity acts like a cherry topping on a Sundae Ice Cream. Talking about ice cream, I had half a bucket of it all by myself. Knowing that it would contribute to undesirable calories, like I care. Had young coconut water and flesh the day before yesterday ignoring the fact that I would probably end up with a cold. Today? I did just nothing to thin the heat waves resting on my skin. 


But.. but.. but..


It's about making the best out of the worst. Like a famous saying, " When life gives you lemon, make some lemonade''. 


Cutting the lemon into half and twisting it with the traditional juicer might be quite a hassle. You have a choice though to make life easier and just throw in little cubes into the electronic juicer. Extract the juice, dash in some sugar water, and also some finely chopped mint leaves and Tadaaaaaaaaaaaaa..  Your pretty spiky, sour and thirst quenching lemonade! 


There goes a free lemonade recipe, not helpful I know. The point is not everyone can make a mouth watering glass of lemonade.


As a kid, I wasn't naughty. Okay that's a bullshit. Maybe a little, but more than being a kid who was hyperactive after a bar of chocolate and the one who was to whine over not being taken to the playground. I was one of those kids who would carry out Hitz. Fm's morning crew show entertainingly! Shortly, a non stop chatterbox. Till in pre-school, my teachers use to make me a parrot mouth like paper art, to be stuck on my mouth, hoping that I would keep my lips sealed. But hopes are just hopes, it never worked. Cause I'm just me. :D


The favourite dialogue that played in every teachers and parents meeting day, ''Your daughter is such a brilliant kid, the best student in school, but she can never keep her mouth shut and thus makes every other kids in the class to be equally talkative''. 


*Nods*. Pointless meetings they were. 


I was the girl who left impact on others. This should be horridly embarrassing, but I use to be so proud back then. My mom? She would have probably wondered, ''What on earth did I eat when I conceived here?''. If they had something called the talking genes, then I'm proudly admitting that I'd ( after 20 years of shameless pride ) probably inherited it!


I always had the feeling that my mind proliferated way ahead of my body and soul. Very much, that I stopped watching cartoons at the age of 12, wanted my own room at the age of 7, walked to pre-school all by myself at the age of 5 and begin staying home alone at the age of 8. Perhaps, the upbringing of my parents. Which I am more than proud for who I am today.


Talking too much actually helps. I was once known as a noisy kid, now known as a wise twenty year old girl. Having elders and people with problems coming to me and seeking some help feels good. No, I don't wish for them to bow to me, neither be deluged with problems. Instead, I'm happy to help these souls, and make them feel better. 


Another denial, I'm not full of myself, but just trying to baffle through the misconception that people who talk a lot are filled with crap.


Being a first class graduate doesn't mean you are eligible for a standing ovation, patting down your pockets and rifling through your wallet just to show they're 'heavy' doesn't mean you're 
a successful person, having your name or face printed on billboards doesn't make you a person to be praised for. But, what you are inside is what makes you a gazing star.


Communicating may seem less important to some. Just a medium to speak, to seek for help a bit here and there. Some don't even think it's necessary, as they choose to obey the ''Silence is Golden'', phrase. More than brilliance and effort, I think communication is what makes you stand out in a crowd.


The way you align your words and propagate them in the right tone before the group of people it's pointed to is very important. The way you speak, reflects your self esteem, your confidence, your capability, briefly, your whole damn future. So, never screw up any interviews. Let it be scholarship, work, or studies. 


On a different note, you can tangle one's thinking with your words. Na ah, not everyone. You need that magical whisper, the charmed one. *ABRACADABRA* They way you cling your boring advises to the pinch of reality, the way you make it sound possible to do, the way you erase their horrid past gradually and chopping of the tall bladed grasses, prevailing a path before them. 


Misuse is common. In this case, they are people who use their talking skills to manipulate stories, cause friction between two parties, inflate themselves with sarcasm and creep into gossip groups. Set a 'black label' for them, it's okay. But not everyone.


I've been in deep thoughts of joining the Befrienders. A social service helpline, wholly based on volunteering effort, to help those who are in the verge of live and death, lacking in decision-making ability and those who are succumbing emotional frays. So precisely what am I suppose to do is to entertain calls coming in at any hour of the day, regardless of where am I, to keep them away from the suicide zone, any self hurting attempts and ensure their mental stability. 


Tough? But, if we all have such a mindset, where would these poor souls end up at? They just need someone to talk to, just like us.



1 comment:

  1. Words are powerful weapons, and like weapons, they've been used and misused. As far as causing rifts or friction, or helping in patch ups is concerned, I think it is all a matter of choices, and motives.
    Agreed that people who talk much are not full of crap, but sometimes, it does happen that the point being made is lost in the countless, pointless points of the talk. And if you talk too much, and always talk sense, well, great! :D

    Cheers,
    Blasphemous Aesthete

    ReplyDelete

Would love to hear your views! :)